We believe in, and are committed to protecting the personal information that you provide when discussing your insurance needs.
We pledge to comply with the following seven principles:
- What personal information we collect about you;
- Who is collecting this personal information;
- How the information we collect about you is used;
- With whom might the information be shared;
- What choices we provide you with regarding the collection, use and distribution of the information;
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information within Tricketts’ control;
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
If you have any queries regarding this statement, you should write to: J Packman, Director, 13 Bank Street, Rawtenstall, Rossendale, Lancashire BB4 6Q/ email: Janine.firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tricketts on: 01706 212231.
IP Addresses and Cookies
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration.
- A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive which records how you have used a website. This means that when you go back to that website, it can give you tailored options based on the information it has stored about your last visit.
- For information about how to disable cookies in your browser please visit the About Cookies website.
- Tricketts Insurance Brokers Ltd is the Data Controller that collects information about you.
- It is entirely up to you as to whether or not you choose to provide us with any personal information. If you choose not to, we simply may not be able to assist you.
- The information we collect about you is used solely for the purposes for which it was provided. We will only use it for additional purposes (such as marketing) if we have received your prior consent to do so.
- The information you provide us with may be shared with employees in order to deal with your enquiry or request.
- We collect and process personal information from you at point of quotation request, and/or at renewal and when you advise us of any changes to your circumstances. Acquiring your personal information allows us to answer your enquiries, provide you with quotations, and carry out our obligations from any insurance contracts entered into between you and us. We also collect and process details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- At each stage, you will be able to see what information we ask from you, such as your name and contact details, and information relating to your specific enquiry. If you contact us otherwise than via our website, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We will not share your information with any third parties other than when we are legally obliged to do so, such as for third party finance companies or fraud prevention purposes.
- We will not sell your information to any third party, unless Tricketts Insurance Brokers Ltd is sold itself.
- When you enter personal details on our website, you will be entering these details within a secure environment.
We use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption to protect the details you send us.
- In most web browsers, a padlock symbol appears at the bottom right, indicating when you are in a secure environment. Also, the ‘http:’ at the beginning of the website address changes to ‘https:’ with the ’s’ indicating that you are in a secure environment.
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right, for a fee, to ask us for a copy of the information we hold about you, and to have any inaccuracies corrected or removed.
To do this, please contact J Packman at: email@example.com or write to us at Tricketts’ office:
13 Bank Street
Lancashire BB4 6QS
- We may have to disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Tricketts Insurance Brokers Ltd assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions (as defined below) and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Tricketts Insurance Brokers Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your Personal Data
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Concerns or Queries
- If you have any other concerns or queries, then we would be delighted to be able to help you. Simply contact us at Tricketts Insurance Brokers Ltd and we shall endeavour to resolve your query as swiftly and efficiently as possible.
More Insurance Expertise in More Places
For more information on how we can help you and your business, why not visit our website: www.trickettsinsurance.co.uk
Tricketts Insurance Brokers Ltd is a trading name of James Trickett & Sons (Insurances) Ltd. Registered in England No.??????. Registered Address: 13 Bank Street, Rawtenstall, Rossendale, Lancashire BB4 6QS. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
TRICKETTS INSURANCE BROKERS LTD – FAIR PROCESSING NOTICE
The privacy and security of your information is important to us. This notice explains who we are, the types of information we hold, how we use it, who we share it with and how long we keep it. It also informs you of certain rights you have regarding your personal information under current data protection law. The terms used in this Fair Processing Notice are based on the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can find out more about the ICO at: https://ico.org.uk.
Who are we?
Tricketts Insurance Brokers Ltd is a trading name of James Trickett & Sons (Insurances) Ltd; it is the Data Controller of the information you provide us and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for the products and services we provide to you.
You can contact us for general data protection queries via email to our director, Janine Packman at: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to her at: 13 Bank Street, Rawtenstall, Rossendale, Lancashire BB4 6QS.
For further information about our company, please visit our website: www.trickettsinsurance.co.uk
What information do we collect?
To enable us to provide you with the right product or service to meet your needs (or to handle a claim), we will collect personal information which may include your name, telephone number, email address, postal address, occupation, date of birth, additional details of risks related to your enquiry or product and payment details (including bank account number and sort code).
We may need to request and collect sensitive personal information such as details of convictions or medical history for us to provide you with the product or service or to process a claim.
We only collect and process sensitive personal data where it is critical for the delivery of a product or service and without which the product or service cannot be provided. We will therefore not seek your explicit consent to process this information as it is required by us to provide the product or service you have requested and is legitimised by its criticality to the service provision. If you object to use of this information then we will be unable to offer you that product or service.
How do we use your personal information?
We will use your personal information to:
- Assess and provide the products or services that you have requested
- Communicate with you
- Develop new products and services
- Undertake statistical analysis
We may also take the opportunity to:
- Contact you about products that are closely related to those you already hold with us;
- Provide additional assistance or tips about these products or services;
- Notify you of important functionality changes to our website.
Only where you have provided us with consent to do so, we may also from time to time use your information to provide you with details of marketing or promotional opportunities and offers relating to other products and services that Tricketts Insurance Brokers Ltd can offer.
From time to time we will need to call you for a variety of reasons relating to your products or service (for example, to update you on the progress of a claim or to discuss renewal of your insurance contract). We are fully committed to Ofcom regulations and have strict processes to ensure we comply with them.
To ensure the confidentiality and security of the information we hold, we may need to request personal information and ask security questions to satisfy ourselves that you are who you say you are.
We may aggregate information and statistics on website usage or for developing new and existing products and services, and we may also provide this information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
Securing your personal information
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal information in line with industry practices, including storage in electronic and paper formats.
We store all the information that you provide to us, including information provided via forms you may complete on our websites, and information which we may collect from your browsing (such as clicks and page views on our websites).
Any new information you provide to us may be used to update an existing record we hold for you.
When do we share your information?
To help us prevent financial crime, your details may be submitted to fraud prevention agencies and other organisations where your records may be searched, including the Claims and Underwriting Exchange (CUE) and the Motor Insurers Anti-Fraud and Theft Register (MIAFTR).
In addition, third parties (for example insurers or loss adjustors) deliver some of our products or provide all or part of the service requested by you. In these instances, while the information you provide will be disclosed to these companies, it will only be used for the provision and administration of the service provided (for example verification of any quote given to you or claims processing, underwriting and pricing purposes or to maintain management information for analysis).
This may also include conducting a search with a credit reference bureau or contacting other firms involved in financial management regarding payment.
We will only share your information for any direct marketing of additional services and products among staff at Tricketts Insurance Brokers Ltd and where we have your consent to do so.
The data we collect about you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside of the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, amongst other things, the provision of information you have requested.
If we provide information to a third party we will require it and any of its agents and/or suppliers to take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Fair Processing Notice.
We may of course be obliged by law to pass on your information to the police or other law enforcement body, or statutory or regulatory authority including but not limited to the Employer’s Liability Tracing Office (ELTO) and the Motor Insurance Bureau (MIB).
We may also share your information with anyone you have authorised to deal with us on your behalf.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not keep your personal information longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was provided unless we are required by law or have other legitimate reasons to keep it for longer (for example if necessary for any legal proceedings).
We will normally keep information for no more than 6 years after termination or cancellation of a product, contract or service we provide. In certain cases, we will keep your information for longer, particularly where a product includes liability insurances or types of insurance for which a claim could potentially be made by you or a third party at a future date, even after your contract with us has ended.
Under data protection law you have the right to change or withdraw your consent and to request details of any personal data that we hold about you.
Where we have no legitimate reason to continue to hold your information, you have the right to be forgotten.
We may use automated decision making in processing your personal information for some services and products. You can request a manual review of the accuracy of an automated decision if you are unhappy with it.
If you wish to inform us of changes in consent for marketing please contact us at Tricketts Insurance Brokers Ltd, 13 Bank Street, Rawtenstall, Rossendale, Lancashire BB4 6QS. Further details of your rights can be obtained by visiting the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk.